You’ve finally taken the plunge and decided you want a wedding videographer to capture your big day. But when should you book them? How far in advance do you need to have everything set up? Here’s everything you need to know about booking the best wedding film company videographer from start to finish.
Booking a Wedding Videographer
1. 9-12 Months Before the Wedding:
The earlier you book your wedding videographer, the better. Many couples who wait too long to book their vendors end up disappointed when their first choice is already booked. If you have your heart set on a particular videographer, it’s best to book them as soon as possible.
2. 6-9 Months Before the Wedding:
If you’re not set on any specific vendor but know that you want a wedding videographer, then aim to book them somewhere in this window. This will give you plenty of time to compare different options and ensure that you get precisely what you want for your big day.
3. 3-6 Months Before the Wedding:
If you’re getting married during peak season (May-October), it’s best to have your vendor booked by now. Many couples wait until the last minute to book their vendors, only to find no good options. If you’re looking for a specific type of videography packages, such as drone footage or a same-day edit, this is also the time to start shopping around.
4. 1-3 Months Before the Wedding:
At this point, it’s getting close to crunch time. If you haven’t booked your videographer yet, now is the time to do it. Most couples who wait until the last minute end up being disappointed with their choices, so if possible, try to avoid it.
Tips for Booking a Wedding Videographer
Now that you know when to book your wedding videographer, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Do your research: Not all videographers are created equal. Make sure to read reviews and compare pricing before making your final decision.
- Ask for recommendations: If you know someone who recently got married, ask them for recommendations. They may have some great insights that you didn’t consider.
- Book early: As we mentioned, the earlier you book your videographer, the better. This will give you the best chance of getting precisely what you want.
As you can see, there is no one-size-fits-all answer regarding booking a wedding videographer. It all depends on your specific circumstances and what you’re looking for. However, in general, it’s best to book sooner rather than later. This will give you the most options to choose from and ensure that you get precisely what you want for your big day.